Friday, June 15, 2012

Arnold Palmer Half Sweet Tea Half Pink Lemonade

So, we have another Arnold Palmer on our hands. I think Arnold Palmer is pretty freaking awesome, (in case that hasn't become blatantly obvious by now) but it does unnerve me that they keep manipulating the name to include other beverages. (My rant begins here, so skip this area unless you enjoy raw cynicism) I mean, the man never walked into the 19th hole and ordered pink lemonade and sweet tea! That just isn't right. His drink was lemonade and tea. End of story. And besides that, isn't that combo already sweet enough? God! (Rant is over here.) But really, the fact that the lemonade here is pink and the tea is sweet (and the bottle says Southern style) makes me think that it will be diabetic-coma sweet. Not to mention the 90 extra calories in the bottle. But I still have high hopes. Arnold, don't let me down bro.

Color: Surprisingly, not lighter that regular Arnold Palmer. Actually, it's a lot darker, and a little more red. But like it's original counterpart, the top foams, so I could be wrong.

Smell: Exactly like normal Arnold Palmer. Tea is noticeable, and so is the sugar, but the lemon is the most prominent smell.

Taste: Well, to be honest, it doesn't taste like much of anything. It's okay, I suppose, but the fact that the tea is so sweet makes the lemonade fade. So, it's like really sugary water that smells like lemon and tea. The only redeeming quality is that it is a little more tart than the original, which I do like. But otherwise, it's a no-go. I think they may have varied a little too far from the original, just as I suspected.

Rating: ***

Average. You may like it, because there's really nothing wrong with it, but it wasn't for me. Too sugary, not enough lemon or tea. Sorry Arnold, but Arizona screwed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment